Thursday, June 19, 2014

Eastlake Table gets a Milk Paint Makeover



Hello! I'm gonna keep this post really short as I forgot to take photos during the painting process. Oops. 
There's not a crazy amount to share anyways, so I know you'll let me off the hook ;)

Here's a "before" picture. It had quite the varnished finish so I used my orbital sander where I could and a sanding block on the rest. I was planning on using Milk Paint and even though I sanded, I had a feeling I should use some bonding agent mixed in with my milk paint. I may not have needed it, but I didn't want it crazy distressed so I added it for good measure. 
I used The Real Milk Paint Co. in the color Union Blue. It's a really beautiful, rich, masculine color. I did two solid coats. I had minimal "chipping" but it did distress nicely. 
I used Minwax Special Dark Wax to seal the table and again it buffed out to a nice shine...I love this stuff! 
Thanks for stopping by,
Aurora






No comments:

Post a Comment