Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mid Century Modern Hutch~ no paint necessary.


This is actually a "furniture painting" blog. However, it just so happens that some really great pieces, that in my personal and humble opinion should not be painted, have come my way. I have such a love for mid century modern pieces! I have painted MCM  pieces for a variety of reasons, however, this is teak and in really good condition, therefore no paint needed!


Like I said, great condition considering it's age and was obviously a well loved piece, since they had it custom made for themselves. This thing is SO well constructed, solid and heavy! So much so that apparently they decided not to move it when painting their walls because I had to get off white paint splatter marks on both sides. It was imbedded in the grain so I found that a razor blade was the best thing to scrape out the paint with. After I cleaned it up and got all the paint removed I got out my trusty Restore-A-Finish.  Do you use this product???


It's AMAZING!! Seriously, it's the best! Comes in tons of colors, I used Mahogany on this Hutch. It's the easiest stuff to use and makes those scratches and dings look so much better if not completely erasing them. 


Look at the top after using Restore-a-Finish! If you want to freshen up any of your wood pieces you have at home, just get the right color finish, wipe on with a rag and be in awe of its restorative powers!








I wish I had nice staged photos of this piece, because it really deserves it, but like I said this thing is HEAVY and we ran out of time before bringing it into The Design Cottage in Tacoma Wa. where it can now be purchased. 
Thanks for stopping by! 
~Aurora 








No comments:

Post a Comment